What Should I put in my Nursery Room?
One of the most exciting parts about getting ready for your baby, is preparing their future room! There are so many questions you have when getting ready like…what color(s) should I paint the nursery? What theme do I want for my baby’s room? Or where should furniture go in my nursery? Whether you know the gender or not, there’s plenty of ways you can start decorating!
How should the baby room be organized?
- Start with the basics: a crib, a changing table, a rocker, and maybe a diaper genie
- Depending on the room size and layout, you may want the rocker by a window
- The changing table right next to the diaper genie for easy access, and a dresser or closet for backup clothes & storage
- Maybe you would like the crib to be closest to the door for those late night wake up calls
- Extra Décor like curtains, rugs, blankets etc.
- The layout should flow and be functional
What are some ideas for a baby girl room?
- Colors: Now we know the typical color for girls is pink, and of course it’s an amazing color, but if you want to expand your options here are a few color schemes!
- Coral, Gray, & Cream
- Cream, Aqua, Rose (a subtle hot pink)
- Graphite (deep grayish blue) Rose, and Flax (lighter gray)
- Themes: Choosing a theme first may be able to help you choose a color scheme, whether it’s a classic princess theme, under the sea theme, zoo/animal theme, starry night theme, or floral
- Pictures, or decorative pieces to hang on the wall: some themed pictures for the walls, or even crafting/finding the initial of your baby girl’s name to hang
What are some ideas for a baby boy room?
- Colors: Blue is a popular choice for boys, but here are some colors you use to combine/switch!
- Yellow, gray, and Cream
- Light green, Aqua, and Orange
- Graphite, Aqua, and Flax
- Themes: Cars, sports, rodeo, animal farm, whales, superheroes, or sailor themed
- Props: Along with pictures for the wall, you can build some shelves and put toy trucks, stuffed animals, and any other props to go with your nursery theme